Key Research Interests and Fields
1. Machine Learning for Computer-Aided Design (MLCAD): Funded by Advantest
- ML for Design for Reliability and Design for Testing.
- ML for Circuit Thermal and Reliability Modeling.
- ML for Transistor Compact Modeling.
2. Design for Reliability in Advanced Nanotechnologies Funded by Advantest
- Advanced CMOS Technology: Nanosheet and Nanowire Transistors.
- Device-Circuit Interaction: Transistor Aging, Self-Heating, Process Variation, Soft Errors
- Reliability-Aware and Thermal-Aware System-on-Chip Design.
3. Approximate Computing for Deep Neural Network Acceleration: Funded by DFG
- Approximate Computing for Efficient Implementation of Neural Processing Units.
- Approximate Computing for Reliability Management.
4. Design for Security for Cyber-Physical Systems: Funded by ONR U.S.
- Reliability Degradation-induced Security Threats.
- Short-Term Circuit Aging for Hardware Trojan Detection.
5. Emerging Technologies for Future Computer Architectures
- Post-CMOS Technology: Negative Capacitance Transistor (NCFET).
- Novel Non-Volatile Memories: Ferroelectric FET (FeFET).
- In-Memory Computing and Neuromorphic Computing.
6. Thermal Management for Many-Core Processors
- Advanced Cooling Solutions using Thermoelectric Devices.
- Resource Management for System-Level Optimizations.
Hussam AmrouchProf. Dr.-Ing.
Head of Semiconductor Test and Reliability