Why you should apply?
- We are a nice and friendly group of researchers!
- It is quite common that a good master thesis will result in a conference or journal paper. If work that resulted from a thesis is accepted in a high-ranked conference, we will try to support you attending this conference.
- Since we are also looking for new PhD students, a good master thesis in our group can serve as a starting point for your scientic career :-)
A successful candidate is supposed to fulfill the following requirements:
- You are a master student of one of the following degree programs:
- Computer Science,
- Electrical Engineering,
- or comparable.
- You have a high motivation to work with us in one of the following fields:
- Approximate computing methods,
- Test and diagnosis methods for digital microelectronics,
- Fault-tolerance and reliability,
- Machine learning for test und diagnosis,
- Run-time test and diagnosis.
- You have a good average grade.
- You have finished some of the courses, offered by our institute with high grades (≤2.0).
- You have already done a seminar.
- You have an in-depth knowledge, supported by high grades (≤2.0) and / or other certificates, in the areas listed below:
- Computer architechture,
- Hardware design,
- Object-oriented languages,
- Scripting languages,
- Machine Learning,
- You have a good english and / or german knowledge.
If you are interested in a master thesis with us, please prepare the following documents for your application electronically in a single PDF file (up to 10 MB):
- Letter of motivation
- Transcripts of records from Bachelor / Master
and send them to one of the following persons until 30 April 2020:
- Exact topics are formulated individually, depending on what we are working on, as well as your interests and qualications.
- External topics are not accepted, since we cannot supervise you in areas outside our expertise.
- The candidates with an average grade ≥2.3 cannot be considered.